Baton twirling is an excellent way of developing hand-eye coordination, rhythm, timing, endurance, self-discipline, and overall total body coordination. Classes involve all aspects of baton twirling from fundamental tricks to advanced competitive combinations. Experienced twirlers have the opportunity to join competitive teams. Baton Twirling is a sport that brings so many positives to our lives such as physical fitness, flexibility, friendship and so much more.
Tiny Tots - Classes are 30-minutes long for ages 3-5 years old and a great way for your kids to learn basic twirling skills, play games and most importantly have fun.
Intro to Twirling - Classes are 45-minutes long for ages 6 & up. You will learn to spin, twirl and toss incorporating games in these exciting classes. Introduction to baton twirling will help children to develop eye hand coordination and learn tricks.
Competitive Twirlers - This program is for advanced twirlers who will continue to learn tricks and strengthen their skills. Competitive Team twirlers will be assigned a scheduled time for group lessons.
The instructor will contact Competitive Twirlers with specific class times.
A Baton is needed and can be purchased from the instructor for a fee of $30.00
Experienced baton twirlers who are interested in additional half hour individual lessons will be scheduled for solo classes on Sunday mornings. The instructor will contact solo twirlers with a specific time.
At various levels of twirling, there is additional opportunity to perform and compete.
- Kristi -Ochs, Coach of the Belchertown Twirlers is a state, regional and national twirling champion. Kristi was the featured twirler not only at Belchertown High School, but also at the University of Akron in Ohio.
- She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development and is currently a preschool teacher at Head Start.
- Kristi coaches the UMass Minuteman Marching Band Twirlers and was recently inducted into the UMass Minuteman Marching Band Hall of Fame.
- 5 days prior to the start of the program
- A $10.00 late fee applies to all registrations after the deadline